Anybody else cooling off abotuthe D7000?

Started Sep 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stuntmonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,621
Like?
Anybody else cooling off abotuthe D7000?
Sep 27, 2010

A bit of devil's advocate. I do think that this is the camera that I'll be upgrading to, but now that the dust is settling... two concerns

ISO - This might sound like heresy, but I'm starting to have some second thoughts about the high ISO capability of this camera. The results are very clean and usable, but the lack of texture and plastic-ish colors suggest that this is software, not hardware. The lights at Photokina have something to do with the latter, but the former almost certainly has to do with noise reduction and tone curve manipulation. Still, 'even' usable ISO 3200 is quite something.

Metal case - I've had the front body panel 'mis-aligned' according to Nikon... either the mount got bent or the plastic front of the body in my D80 is out. Nikon's solution was to replace the mount/front plastic assembly for $250. I said no thanks. When I head that the D7000 was using a more substantial frame, I was pretty happy... until I found out it's not the full metal case like the D300.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow