ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blair47
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
LX5 High Dynamic Scene Mode
Sep 26, 2010

Hello all,

I've been reading these forums for many years and am finally posting for the first time. I really enjoy shooting into the sun, and use the High Dynamic mode for that purpose upon occasion, knowing the results are a mixed bag. Often the results are garish and candy colored. However, sometimes the results are successful, so I'm not adverse to trying.

Here are two what I consider successes. I know the camera uses the 400 iso setting to make the pictures. I also know that if you enlarge these to anywhere close to 100 per cent they look awful (especially with the people). BUT- at the size of my 24" monitor, I'm quite pleased (so take that Pixel Peepers)! So I'm not that turned off by the process. Since I'm shooting moving subjects, the merging of three different exposures is out of the question.

My question is - does the LX5 have better results (as far as the iso grain OR the candy coloring) with this setting?

Thanks for any response.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow