Started Oct 26, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351
Like?
Photog / Reporter attacked
Oct 26, 2002

Saw on the TV tonght some footage of a photographer being attacked and beaten to the ground by some friends / relatives of a suspect in a murder / rape case.

The photographer was standing outside a courthouse here in Sydney getting some pics for a newspaper - these thugs came out of the courtroom . . . . microphones came out, cameras started snapping, cameras rolling etc

Someone must have pushed a wrong button on these fellas because all of a sudden they started to push and shove this photog - then fists came out and they thumped the poor bloke to the ground

Now the bad part - they picked up one of the DSLR's this guy was carrying and from a fully arm-outstetched overhead postion, this thug / moron threw the camera into the road. Needless to say it disintergrated (bits of camera and lens went in all directions)

Good news is that it was a Canon - whew thank god for that.

Seriously, this poor photographer got beaten up rather badly - he's laid charges and the attackers were all arrested and charged = Good !

I reckon my heart missed I beat when I saw that camera hit the road.

Geez what these guys have to do to get good material these days.

-- hide signature --

• Simon, Sydney

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow