X100 - Gullible people putting cart before horse?...

Started Sep 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,497Gear list
Like?
X100 - Gullible people putting cart before horse?...
Sep 24, 2010

I am extremely surprised at how some people are over the moon about the announcement of a new Fuji model (emphasis on 'Fuji'..). X100 sounds good on paper but it wont get any flesh for another 6 months. Bearing in mind the usual 'hot air' announcements by Fuji, what is it that generates all this excitement in this case?

Is it probably a natural reaction to the expectation of (at last) a new Fuji model geared towards IQ, or is it that people are so desperate for such a compact? Would the excitement be the same, less or more, if the X100 had, for example, a (reasonable) zoom lens or if it had more conventional modern digital cam looks?

I suspect it is the promised IQ. Since the time of F31, Fuji has been going backward, disappointing their 'fans' time after time as the hype proved to be hot air or just marketing tricks to deceive, albeit in a camouflaged 'legal' way (remember the 'Image Stabilization' that proved to be the use of higher iso?)

I cannot remember when was the last time that Fuji hype proved to be 100% true, so I find it very unlikely that it will be this time.

It's so amazing how gullible people can be, especially when the 'stake' is $500, $1000, or $1700... A few months ago, people were hell-bent on spending good money for mega-zoom ranges (720mm), claiming 'versatility' and 'all-in-one' facility for all likely photo shoot settings. Now, they are getting excited about having just one fixed focal length at 35mm... And I suspect they will queue up to pre-order (at any price) when the time comes. Just as they were a few months ago...

Is it just too short a memory, brand dedication or pure gullibility?...
I wonder...
--
Best Regards
Sunshine

ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Fuji F30, F31, S6500, OLY C4000Z, Canon Film EOS,
Nikon D60, 18-55VR, 18-105VR, 55-200VR, 35/1.8G, 50/1.8D, SB-400

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow