Canon Add

Started Sep 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ovrebekk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,245
Like?
Re: guess Nikon will have to add a Canon 60D VASS to their D3 series to catch up...
In reply to Sdaniella, Sep 24, 2010

sdyue wrote:

Eric HianCheong wrote:

how much did canon pay for that ridiculous ad.... (posted here in case it is gone by the time people read this)

VASS='what's your angle' FULL Vari-Angle Swivel Screen... capable of 'face-forward' utility WHILE MOUNTED ON A TRIPOD... for guess what? yes, group-and-self portrait CREATIVE EXPOSURE AND COMPOSITION confirmation PREVIEW...

guess Nikon will have to add a Canon 60D VASS to their D3 series to catch up...

Nikon only has for their D3, D3x, D3s offer the ES-LV (Canon ExpSim LV) that ALL Canon EOS LV dSLRs have... including the 60D...

so far, ALL lower Nikon LV dSLRs lack ES-LV... and are the same rudimentary electronic framing live preview of their Coolpix digicams...

If Nikon had ES-LV put into a D400xs... with a VASS and up video to 1080p... it'd be the 60D itself!

If Nikon had ES-LV put into a D800xs... (minus VASS; add 1080p video)... it'd be the 5DMkII itself...

But Nikoners seem to be so excited with their non-ES-LV capable D5000, D3100, and D7000... go figure...

If I want a Nikon dSLR... I have to look at the only available ES-LV but too pricey for me... D3-family series... and wish that a D4xs would be made so it finally meet my ES-LV and 1080p minimal requirements... something already satisfied only by Canons... and Canon isn't exactly standing still either... their ES-LV capable 1DsMkIV is still pending...

Imagine a 1DsMkIV with 'modular' VASS
Imagine a 5DMkIII with 'modular' VASS...
Imagine a 7DMkII with 'modular' VASS...
Imagine a 1050D/600D/650D Rebels with 'built-in' VASS... like 60D's VASS...

All now starting to finally 'catch up' to the 'classic' PowerShot G VASS format... ES-LV and Video, but at 'bigger brother dSLR' levels...

You really use live view that much on your DSLR's?
I have used it probably a handful of times since getting the D700 two years ago.

I have no problem with the in camera metering either, and thanks to the good dynamic range and low noise I can easily correct any under/over-exposure should it occur (like when I am an idiot forgetting to turn of bracketing).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow