Thoughts on the D7000

Started Sep 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
anotherMike
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,730
Like?
Re: Thoughts on the D7000
In reply to teodorian2, Sep 23, 2010

teodorian2 wrote:

Then you might be disappointed. I donĀ“t expect the main improvement in the D7000 to be at the base ISO but at the high ISO speeds. And I actually think you will be hard pressed to distinguish ISO 6400 files from the D700 and D7000 in print.

Guess we'll find out some day. Although frankly I think I'll easily be able to see the differences in print - been doing this a long time, and have used the final print as the judgement in image quality for a while too. I'd be highly shocked if the D7000 was anywhere close to the D700 at ISO 6400 - sensor development simply hasn't come along that far just yet. I've heard too many Canon folks dislike the 7D files - at any ISO - to think that we're at the point where a cropped sensor can match a full frame sensor at higher ISO just yet. We'll see soon enough, but I wouldn't count on it. If the D7000 is slightly better than the D90 with increased resolution, I'd still consider it a win.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow