No more Four-Thirds lenses?

Started Sep 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,906Gear list
Like?
Re: No more Four-Thirds lenses?
In reply to SirSeth, Sep 23, 2010

SirSeth wrote:

Olympus published a clarification. See the rumors site. Production will continue for the current lens catalog. There are currently no new 4/3rds lenses in the development pipeline. As I understand it, this is not a statement about the indefinite future, but about the near future while Olympus builds a range of Micro lenses. In my opinion they left it open for development of 4/3rds lenses in the future.

Which leaves a lot open for many to create their own interpretation of what it all means, right or wrong.

Out of everything I have seen, nowhere did I ever think it was even hinted all 4/3rd lenses were going away, yet these type posts still happen, even after a perfectly clear post where Raist3d spelled it out for everyone that Olympus' plan was to make the micro line of lenses "as good as the four-thirds line"...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=36392234

How in the world would anyone read that and interpret it to mean 4/3rd's lenses are all going away?

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow