More E-5 samples - full resolution, all ISOs, some splashing :)

Started Sep 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
dgrogers
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,650
Like?
Re: Mixed opinion so far....
In reply to NewOly520User, Sep 22, 2010

Sample images look better than the D7000 so far. The only other camera I'm worried about is the Sigma SD1.

NewOly520User wrote:

First of all, they look good - but we have to wait until the d7000/60d results come out as those are the benchmark for the E-5.

I see no point comparing these to 2 yr old cameras. I am not in the megapixel race but do see paying money should buy you a competitive product by today's standards.

And E1 uses comparing it to the E1 and saying wow - great but makes no sense, it is bound to be better.

Offtopic comments

Olympus kind of deserve the negative press in someways for overpricing the E-5 esp compared to the D7000. yes yes I know weather sealing, dust proofing are good but those have been good since the E1 - no point resting on laurels earned 6 yrs ago.

And the E5 makes no sense to people like me who adopted olympus for size and E5 if I am not wrong is the heaviest body among the new lot - I am not sure how the SHG lenses compare to canikon in weight but should be reasonably heavy - the HG probably could edge out and be lighter but might be compensated by 200g of body weight ( say when compared to the K-5 ) ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow