I think if you gave Apple the E5 and the task of marketing it.

Started Sep 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stimmer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,138
Like?
I think if you gave Apple the E5 and the task of marketing it.
Sep 22, 2010

I believe they would have been able to generate a buzz about the camera that would have made it appealing. Every single one of their commercials is simple, and about design elegance and great music. It inspires people to be part of the Apple family.

Olympus's main issue is marketing their products. They've always contained enough innovation to sell. They haven't done a good job of making people think they need to buy it.

For instance, why wouldn't they use the U.S. Open to market the E5? They are one of the main sponsors of the event and not one word about it. Would have been a perfect opportunity.

I'm on a little rant here, but improved features such as a more silent shutter, improved live view shooting, more detail and lower noise in the images, and the best jpg engine in the world should be shouted about and sold to consumers. If they don't know about these things, how will they be expected to buy?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow