Started Sep 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
wy2lam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,995Gear list
Like?
Re: Someone check this.
In reply to Stig Vidar Hovland, Sep 21, 2010

Stig Vidar Hovland wrote:

Sorry

No need to say Sorry. You haven't done me anything wrong.

but I don't photograph rulers. But I do photograph formula 1 cars and go-carts and have done so with my *istDS, K10D and K-7 and none of them had any problem at all keeping cars in perfectly focus.

I was only suggesting photographing of rulers as a simple way of seeing whether it's predictive. Not everyone has access to formula 1 cars and go-carts.

A formula 1 car is easily moving 5 or 6 meters in 1/10th of a second if that put things into perspective a little bit. My camera couldn't achive perfect focus if it wasn't predictive.

Did you pan? Are the cars moving to you or away from you or sideways where they might just stay within the DOF? I have seen pictures of sharp Formula 1 cars by skilled photographers using cameras with non-predictive AF, so you might be one of them.

I'm suggesting that the fact that you get sharp pictures of racing cars does not necessarily imply predictive AF.

wy2lam's gear list:wy2lam's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow