Started Sep 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aniramca
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
X100 - Market Niche?
Sep 21, 2010

The new Fuji X100 has APS-C sensor, but no interchangeable lens. What do people expect to pay such a camera?

If it will be over $2K, it will compete with Leica X1. Has it the relatively same specs between X100 and X1?

If it needs to compete with others in Micro 4/3 (Sony, Olympus, Lumix), it has to have a price of around $600. But then, the other cameras has interchangeable lens on top of the pancake fixed lens.

If it need to compete with the cheap APS-C, non DSLR camera, then it will target the market of Samsung NX-5. They have both APS-c sensor. But, again, NX5 has interchangeable lenses.

Or will it compete with Sigma DP1x or DP1s cameras? Price will also be around $600.

The only way Fuji can find a niche is if its sensor is outstandingly different/unique and superior than other regular CMOS sensor. I guess it has the capability like Fuji's EXR cameras?

Thanks for the discussion. I have been wondering for a small non-DSLR walkabout cameras, and have been thinking of either Canon G12, Nikon P7000 or Lumix LX-5. I wonder if this is my answer, although it will have no zoom lens. I do like my S5 Pro and like it more and more as time progresses.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow