Started Sep 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Why the $1700 price tag is fine with me
Sep 21, 2010

While not confirmed, it appears the X100 will be priced in the $1700 range. Street prices may come down to $1500.

While that is expensive, I do not see it at all as being overpriced. Here's why.

I expect the finest 23mm lens ever designed. Fujinon lenses are of the highest quality you can ask for. Anyone who has shot with their lenses (and I speak only of their non p & s lenses), knows exactly what I am talking about. They drip quality. They ooze sharpness, from corner to corner. Fujinon lenses have crystal clear clarity and produce breath taking images.

A good lens, of almost any focal length, designed with no compromises of any kind, costs at least $1000. Look at your top of the line Canon and Nikkor lenses. Very few top grade lenses cost under $1000. Many cost $2000 or more.

So I expect the absolute highest level of lens performance possible. Any less, and I am disappointed.

That covers $1000 or more of the price. The rest is all for the camera. The functionality of the design looks perfect (i care not for retro or modern looks, it is all function for me). The viewfinder looks awesome. I see easily a $500 camera here.

So if the lens rocks, and I mean really rocks, I see no problem with this price. I have bought lenses alone that cost $1800. A stellar quality lens AND a camera for less than that is great.

Again, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FUJIFILM for making my dream camera. You've laid the concept down. Now run with it! Make it well!

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow