Started Sep 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgshutter
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
WHAT! $1700!.... ummm
Sep 20, 2010

I am a big fan of fujifilm ever since film days! and the F30 which I still use today! due to it's fantastic IQ (sensor+awesome lens) for a P & S, I have to admit The X100 pricing really took me by surprise.

I really, really, really like the design (Kind of reminds me so much of the Fujica Rangefinders of past), focal length, and the hybrid OVF/EVF which is brilliant thinking by the way.

I have reservations on the price. The Leica X1 is priced at this range but it's a Leica you are almost guaranteed excellent build quality optics and maybe handling plus it's reputation of producing one of the best if not the best RF cameras out there.

Unless the X100 can guarantee equal quality in all aspects as the Leica (due to it's price point), then maybe I can see myself (funds permitting) investing in one. The 35mm focal length plus the ridiculously cool retro styling is perfect for me. But then again this is just my opinion, which can be far-fetched at times. I am sure there are people who will have a different point of view, and would love to hear them as well.

Sorry for the excess use of parentheses too many thoughts in my head.... (- ^ )

What is your opinion?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow