ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slater K
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
1ds focus point selection / rant
Sep 20, 2010

Hi,

Apologies if there's a thread on this already, but the DPR search is down, and so i was unable to check, though i have googled on this on quite a few occasions, usually after a shoot when i can't believe how stupid the system is.

Am i right in thinking that the only way to change the focus point with a 1ds mk 3 is to press the focus button, then the set button, then the scroll wheel if you want up / down or the other wheel if you want left / right?

There's a four way stick just beneath the viewfinder that would be perfect ... why can't you use it? Just doesn't make any sense to me, i really can't get my head round why Canon would do something so so soooo stupid!

If there is a way to use this stick, please tell me as i love the camera so much, but it really gets me thinking that the people at Canon are such dolts for making such a convoluted and ridiculous way to select the focus point, something that you would imagine they would think is kinda important?

Cheers

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow