Started Sep 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MartinM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,430
Like?
T2I + Zoom H1 Recorder Mount Pics
Sep 19, 2010

So, I decided to get the Zoom H1 for my T2I. But I haven't seen to many options for mounting this thing the way I wanted forward. If you mount on top of the Hotshoe centered, the back part of the recorder would be prone to being hit by forehead.

So...I bought one of those cheap $4 hotshoe to 1/4"-20 adapters, then made a little bracket out of some scrap black acetal I had in the garage. Drilled a couple of holes, recycled another 1/4"-20 Screw from an old tripod bracket, and made my own. This only took about 10 minutes in the garage, cut it out with a bandsaw, sanded down with my belt sander, and drilled a couple of 1/4" holes...very simple and works well. I could also probably work on some sort of rubber grommet suspension system if need be.

Figured I'd share in case someone else was having similar thoughts.

I also found a 6" 3.5mm gold stereo cable on ebay that allows me to run the recorder as a microphone. It is still better to run the recorder by itself for the cleanest audio because of the T2I's AGC, but it's still a good improvement over the stock microphone, but I can actually do both at the same time now. As long as the Zoom H1 is turned on, there is output going into the T2I. So if I want ultimate quality, I just need to hit the recorder button and I'll have audio in the .mov plus the .wav file in the recorder. Then I can post process and combine.

Now I just need a fuzzy redhead windscreen, and I'm all set..:D

Cheers!
Martin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow