My NEX-5 review

Started Sep 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
sfoskett
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: My NEX-5 review
In reply to kaizr, Sep 17, 2010

kaizr wrote:

I am seriously contemplating buying this camera, but need to know what the onboard mic is like for recording low frequencies at gigs.

I'm going to guess it'll sound terrible. The internal mics didn't sound great in my tests. In fact, I used an external audio recorder with an Azden shotgun mic rather than use the internal audio for some interviews I recorded.

draganflyer wrote:

I missed your review yesterday; just got around to reading it now. Well done! its refreshing to read something that is actually objective rather than overly gushy or defensive. You are an excellent representative for the market Sony is trying to reach, and very articulate in identifying how you got "here" from "there"

Wow thanks for the kind words! I'm just a guy who likes to take photos, and needed a decent camera for an event I run. Here are lots of photos taken at my event this week: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfoskett/sets/72157624840672099/ (warning: mostly people sitting around at a meeting)

sfoskett's gear list:sfoskett's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow