Started Sep 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rotlex
Contributing MemberPosts: 886
Like?
So am I insane? Thinking of using the S95 as only camera
Sep 17, 2010

I think I just came in here for a sanity check, LOL. Quick background. I've been a LONG time DSLR user. Well, at least since the days of the 10D. I've played around and owned a few P&S cameras over the years, but have never really been happy with them. However, I have also found myself almost loathing dragging my DSLR with me everywhere I go. (Most recently on a trip to Disney, I literally dreaded carrying the thing around in the heat).

Fast forward to yesterday. I received my new S95. Played with it all night long, and REALLY love this camera so far. I am very pleased with the results I've done to this point with testing. I cannot believe the performance of this tiny camera.

Without rambling on, I am seriously considering selling my DSLR gear, and using this as my primary\only camera. My shooting style over the years has changed quite a bit, hence, the reason for sometimes dreading the size of the DSLR.

In a nutshell, has anyone out there moved to a high end P&S from a DSLR and been happy down the road? I may hang onto the DSLR for a while, but I'm already starting to think I'm going to be using the S95 95% of the time. The ONLY concern I have is that indoor flash usage is not going to give me the results I'm used too, which of course, it is not.

Again, just looking for some input from anyone who may have moved this way; which seems backwards in some ways, but forward in others, LOL.
--
Steve
http://web.mac.com/rotlex

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow