Just talked with a ...

Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
iteotwawki
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Just talked with a ...
In reply to tyb, Sep 17, 2010

tyb wrote:

A D700s or D4 will run likely 2999 and 5499 or something given the Yen to dollar at the moment. A D700 runs 2400 and you can spend another what 699 and pick up a D3100 if one really must have video and 1080 to.

I have to admit I was going to just get another D700 but that D3s that I have is something else. ISO, performance just amazing. I don't like the grip as much as the add on for the D700 but what a sacrifice

My problem is, is that I can only afford a major expenditure about once every 2 years or so. I currently shoot with a D2x and though it's dated, it still performs for my business model; event photography (f/8 @ 125 sec, w/ studio strobes).

I would like to get into the video aspect of the newer cameras as a value add for my business. The D7000 essential feature for me is the Full-time AF in Live View/movie modes. My eyes have gone downhill so much and I can no longer look through a viewfinder and manually focus a camera. Sucks If the D3s had that capability, I would go in that direction.

Now that the D7000 has been announced, I'll pick that up when it becomes available and hold off on tilll the next FX body is released.

iteotwawki's gear list:iteotwawki's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow