Started Sep 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim Bury
Senior MemberPosts: 2,165Gear list
Like?
What is your 2ndy body?
Sep 17, 2010

I posted this in the wrong forum, hope it's okay to repost here...

I own a D300, which I love. I just won a D3000. Quite the difference in features/functions. I think I'll keep it as a back-up and possibly for my wife to use. But wnated to see how others would view it.

I often do events, some low-light (ISO 1600-2500) with 2.8 leneses, nbut would also have use for it in other circumstances. I was thinking the D3000 might be an okay 2nd body for less lens switching, but I think the menu and button limitations would be frustrating.

However, I don't think I could realistically expect to get much for the camera were I to sell it. So I may be better off keeping it for the family use, or for travel ultra light for family gatherings. I think I just answered my own question there!

NOTE: I have two AF-S lenses (70-200, and 35mm) and one Tamron with builtin motor (17-50 2.8 VC) that would work on a motorless body.

Does anyone have a D300 and a D40X, D60 or D3000 as a second body? How's that working out for you?

-- hide signature --
 Tim Bury's gear list:Tim Bury's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow