Started Sep 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjnerf
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
So You Think The Grass Is Greener
Sep 16, 2010

I have shot with Olympus since the E300. This year because I needed video in a DSLR" I feed my family shooting video" I bought a Canon 5D II. Now don't get me wrong, its a great camera but here are a few things I really miss. First the Oly color. I could get nearly perfect jpegs from my E1. JPEG'S are no where near as good as Oly on the Canon! I have to shoot in RAW and do a lot more post processing to get close to the look I want. Next is the build quality. When I got my 5D I was taken back by the lower build quality. Next is I miss the sensor cleaning as it works much better on the Oly. Next is the swivel screen. Next is the glass, I loved the Zuiko glass and really miss it. I mainly shoot with the 24 70L on the Canon and find it no better than my old 14 54. Next is in body "IS" man oh man I wish Canon had this feature. Now I love the low light ability of the Canon no doubt. I love the 1080p video it produces as well. If you could get full 1080p uncompressed from the HMI port on the E5 I would order today! A camera is just a tool, its the artist behind the lens that matters and Olympus produces one of the best tools to take awesome photos! Enjoy it while you have it my friends.

http://www.hdstockshooter.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow