Started Sep 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Naveed Akhtar
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Cons to Translucent mirror?
Sep 16, 2010

I was wondering about 70% light passage to sensor, since I red about the camera in DPReview that how it is obviously less, so if it will be lower amount, how Sony sensor is compensating it? I didn't got a clear answer on DPR but then I read following from a reader report on Imaging-resource.

"In the A55 and A33, about 70% of the light makes it to the imaging sensor, while 30% is reflected to the autofocus module. With a traditional SLR, all the incoming light arrives at the image sensor once the mirror is raised, and the same is true of an SLD camera whenever its shutter is open. With less light arriving at the sensor for an equivalent aperture, a translucent mirror camera must either lower its shutter speed, raise its sensitivity (and along with this, the levels of noise, or the amount processing to mitigate it), or some combination of both. An increase in sensor gain to compensate for the loss may explain why we see slightly higher noise levels from the A33 versus the A560, which share the same sensor"

Any idea or experiences? as I was about to buy the camera but 30% loss of light (if its higher sensitivity to compensate with lower IQ) makes me bit cautious.

Naveed Akhtar's gear list:Naveed Akhtar's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow