ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyb1985
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Pricing a job as an emerging photographer
Sep 16, 2010

Hi everyone,

I am an emerging photographer with a good size body of work. I am now trying to get a full-time business off the ground.

I have just got a very very interesting proposition- a days photography work shooting for a BBC TV show. Before the flames are lit, I am fully capable of performing this task & know what equipment I will use

My main question is about the fee. It hasnt been discussed yet- although I put the ball in their court in the last email I sent them. Theyre asking now and the shoot is next tuesday so im guessing theyre pretty low on options, good for me. Also its for the BBC who usually have pretty good budgets for all their productions from what I gather.

I really want the job as its fantastic exposure for me and a great opportunity so I dont want to price myself out of it- but I do want to get a decent pay out as its a full days work & 7hrs travel there and back! I was thinking £250 plus expenses does that seem reasonable??

I guess I just need some pointers really so any comments welcome- ive never had to price up a job this big (or with this much travel) before.

Thanks in advance
Gary
--
Light is Light, its what you do with it that counts

http://www.gbmultimedia.co.uk

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow