Started Sep 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brycesteiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,253Gear list
Like?
If I would switch, I would need...
Sep 16, 2010

I won't lie. I was disappointed when I saw the specs of the E-5 and not having a higher res sensor.

I have an E-30, and two e-512's with several excellent lenses including the 50-200. I thought I might get an E-5 next year (I've go through nearly 1000 or more shutter click's per week while school is in) when my E-30 gets closer to being worn out. But now I'm not sure.

After analyzing many pictures and specs on all kinds of cameras, I've came to this conclusion: I have wasted a lot of time.

If I were to switch, sell my lenses and buy comparable, and get a "full frame" camera I would need to have either a 12MP camera with a 400mm zoom lens or a 25MP camera with a 200mm zoom lens just to get the same picture or quality that I already have with the E-30.

I'm not sure that path is for me. It seem like a lot of weight just to get were I am. The noise quality of the D3 would be nice, but...

If the E-5 is truly producing a two stop advantage on quality, detail and controlling noise. This really could be good! Perhaps I'll stay with 4/3?? Who knows. I guess I'll worry about when my E-30 ages more.

thanks for listening to my thoughts,
Bryce

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow