Why does my friends Sigma SD15 look better than my 7D?

Started Sep 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Xenofoto
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Why does my friends Sigma SD15 look better than my 7D?
Sep 16, 2010

I have a 5D MKII and the IQ is superb.

When I shot with my 7D against my friends slow, awkward, funny looking Sigma SD 15, his pictures looked almost like my 5D MKII. Not quite, but the IQ is sometimes amazing. I didn't tell him of course. It took photoshop and lightroom to enhance the images from my 7D to bring them up to par. This I did at home when he was not watching. He on the other hand processed his pic's through the Raw developer that came with his camera. He doesn't have photoshop.

I now find myself bouncing from the Canon forum to the Sigma Forum trying to secretly find the answer. Does anyone have a theory? With my 5D MKII however, I have an advantage when it comes to Image Quality, but then again... his prints look better than what I see on the screen from his funny lookin Sigma SD 15.

I have his DP2, his so called back up camera that he loaned to me, and I use it to experiment. It's a slow, and I mean slow camera. The images, well I hate to say it...they look good. How in the world can that be? My 7D costs way more than his Sigma cameras and I am using L lenses to boot!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow