Started Sep 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wayne Vaughan
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Canon introduces PowerShot SX30IS superzoom
Sep 16, 2010

Don’t buy this new version which gets a new proprietary battery. I see no technological senses (a profitable decision) to incorporate such changes. Previous version used AA batteries (good performance).

This is another bad example of social responsibility! No matter how much Canon has promoted itself as an environmental friendly company. Its products tell everything.

You can see the ever-increasing chargers and batteries. Such changes do no good to the earth except for Canon’s profits. I see no reasons that Canon can’t churn out Camera with AA batteries.

I suggest general users should consider battery in the buying decision. Imagine you are on the road, you run out of batteries. Your Canon Camera is a dead wood ! I own previous models which can fit AA batteries. (They gave me a hard time with a stupid design which can not fit ordinary filter lens). Now Canon disappoints the customers with another gimmick (a pointless battery design).

To satisfy your insatiable drive for profits, there should be two models, one with AA and another with proprietary batteries. I do not need the extra chargers (which do not good to earth). I don’t mind pay the same price with goes without the charger)

If you care for the earth, say no to all products which are unfriendly to earth. Say no to Canon and write to them to care for the earth !

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow