Replacement suggestions for my 70-200 VRI on D700

Started Sep 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ActArtPhotog
Regular MemberPosts: 265
Like?
Lots of good advice to ponder...
In reply to Charles Currey, Sep 14, 2010

I am heading back to work, but some good stuff here. Yeah, I wish I could just shuffle some things around for the time being and keep my current setup. However, there are some critical things coming up quickly and probably have to make some hard choices. Honestly, I am not blown away with the VR on my 70-200mm VRI. Minimally helpful. I would go with some manual focus glass as some are suggesting, but quite honestly, what little I have been using my manual 105mm f2.5, my keeper rate has been pretty low. Not sure I have time or freedom to get that keeper rate up for the paid work that comes in. If I felt more confident with my eyes and manual glass, I would go that route for sure. Maybe with a different focusing screen, but as-is I am finding my focus off considerably. Odds are I will go with a Tammy 90mm, Nikon 180mm, 105mm VR, or Tammy 70-200mm. Still up in the air though, but some good points being made, and very thankful for all of your postings.
Sincerely,
B
http://www.wcgreen.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow