Left the "G" series - onto the Sony NEX's...

Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JFScheck
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
Left the "G" series - onto the Sony NEX's...
Sep 14, 2010

Well - wasn't very happy with the quality of photos I was getting from my G11 as compared to my G10 - the low light level "bump" at the cost of resolution was the reason why I sold the G10 in the first place. I still think my G7 was the best of the "G" series for its time.

Although a bit harder interface - not too bad once you learn it - I'm in love with the Sony NEX-5 - the larger sensor is rocking with great light sensitivity, wonderful pics, etc.

Until Canon comes out with something similar (but hopefully better) I'll keep the Sony NEX for my "on person" camera when I don't fell like lugging my 5DmkII and it's lens around....

What I'm saying guys is that the G12 doesn't look much different than the G11 in terms of features and quality - try something new if what you want is great pictures in a small carry factor!

Remember - you can't beat a bigger sensor....

-- hide signature --

John 'JFScheck' Scheck
'Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.'

JFScheck's gear list:JFScheck's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow