Wide Format Printing Expiriences?

Started Sep 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,686Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide Format Printing Expiriences?
In reply to Ricky B, Sep 14, 2010

Ricky B wrote:

Epson did a lot of the original benchmarking in archival (Affordable) inkjet printers, hence they have a lot of mindshare.

Mercedes invented the car as we know it today - hence they have a lot of mindshare - but do I care for that when buying a car today?

Even my dye printer had some 82 years ( http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hp/dj130.html )

More then adequate for a normal lifespan!

Don't get me wrong - looking into the past does not necessarily give you a good view on future developments.

I was always very pleased with what Nikon does in the analog days and now I am using tools from a different brand because I don't like the products and their performance with respect to my photographic sujets.

Looking into the past is never good (IMHO) for technology driven processes. Looking into the past would still be good if companies were not marketing driven. Today's decision might be overruled by management because of a different marketing strategy.

IMHO HP did a great job with the Z3200 series and has an almost perfect offering for price/performance ratio with outstanding quality B&W and color printing.

just my 2 ct and I invested already in it

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow