Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,925Gear list
Like?
A few thoughts on E-5, sure, why not?
Sep 14, 2010

Well I tried to lower the unrealistic expectations of many but alas...

Anyway, what I really think is that this is still a nice camera and making the AA filter from what I have seen can help a lot in "upping" the detail/image quality. Honestly, I haven't been too taken by the 18MP Canon sensor of say the 7D on that end, and a low AA filter on an E-5 would probably make it "effective" to some 14-15 of what is out there which isn't bad.

If this camera doesn't back focus, fixed banding, I don't think it's a bad camera.

But at $1699 USD... er.. no. I mean. I feel this is a 1 year late camera with the wrong price. If it was $1,299 USD MSRP then it would look much more interesting (maybe say $1,399 MSRP).

This is clearly a bone to the 4/3rd lens owner, I don't see anyone from another brand jumping for this, though the Olympus lens lineup has afaik more lenses consistently weather sealed than others, so weather sealing is only as good as the whole system being weather sealed.

It also makes me wonder what kind of contract Olympus has with Panasonic that they got saddled with the yet again same Pen sensor.

It's also pretty clear who's driving the imaging division: micro four thirds.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d (Photographer & Tools/Systems/Gui Games Developer)
Andreas Feininger (1906-1999) 'Photographers — idiots, of which there are
so many — say, “Oh, if only I had a Nikon or a Leica, I could make great
photographs.” That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. It’s
nothing but a matter of seeing, and thinking, and interest. That’s what
makes a good photograph.'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
200New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow