Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RRJackson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,555Gear list
Like?
What's wrong with the E-5?
Sep 14, 2010

As someone who used to own an E-3, I think the leaked E-5 seems like a nice upgrade. Although it seems like this camera could have been released a year ago.

It seems like the bulk of the update will be in regards to video, but the new sensor should be a welcome update. I personally had hoped to see Olympus introduce a new and even more powerful autofocus system. I'd also have liked to see a much higher maximum frame rate. I always thought 4/3 with its smaller mirror seemed like a natural for 10+ fps operation.

Still, this all seems like a very nice update. It should be able to move past the E-3 banding issues and a little resolution upgrade is nice, too. It does seem like we may be seeing the swan song for the 4/3 format, though. Micro-4/3 is obviously where Olympus sees their future. It's just nice to see that they didn't neglect the users of the old system completely. The E-5 should be a solid flagship and I'm gonna have to guess that the pricing will be more attractive than the E-3's pricing was.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow