Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jwelch
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
LX5-Menu things I don't like
Sep 14, 2010

1. Flash EC is buried in the menus. Why can't it be in the quick menu? Or something other than having to dig through menus.

2. Why is LCD brightness on the quick menu? This is very odd. Who would want it in the quick menu? Why can't I just press and HOLD the Display button to change LCD brightness?? It IS the "display" button, after all.

3. Why can't I push the Playback (green arrow) button while the camera is off to review pics (without taking the lens cap off)? Instead I have to turn the camera on, have the lens bump into the lens cap, see the stupid "Remove the lens cap..." message, and then press the Playback button. I know it might seem odd to be able to review pics while the camera switch is physically "Off", but that's just what I want to do.

4. Why didn't Panasonic remove (or allow the option to remove) the stupid "The zoom will now return..." message when I start the camera up in the zoom memory mode? I set the menu to keep the zoom position in memory, so I KNOW the zoom will return to where I left it. This message showed up in the last firmware update of LX3, and I'm VERY SAD that it didn't go away.

There are more things I dislike, but I don't want to make my list unreadably long. Don't take this as a "I hate LX5" rant. I like it. I just hope somebody at Panasonic who REALLY loves the LX5 will polish up some of the unfortunate menu/interface issues with a solid firmware update.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow