50D under $600?

Started Sep 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shamus1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,603Gear list
Like?
Re: 50D under $600?
In reply to california_sunset, Sep 13, 2010

If you have an older Canon DSLR that is experiencing difficulties and repairing would be cost prohibitive, Canon has a Customer Loyalty Program. I had a troublesome XTi, which had been in for repair once, and traded it back to Canon for a reburb 50D (like brand new with 37 clicks) for $629 plus tax. I couldn't be happier with the deal. This was when they were still up around $1000 for the body. Kicked myself as I could have gotten it with a 28-135 lens for (as I recall) $759 plus tax, etc. I had one, but later regretted not getting the extra one. This is my second CLP camera, as I traded a S5IS for a G11. Had dead pixels on the LCD. Again the refurb was like new, and under a 100 clicks. As long as Canon has the program, I will trade up rather than repair old units on crutches.

Careful of any third party dealer (other than B&H or Adorama) with low priced used. I have purchased from B&H a couple times and they were great. Even had a lens that once I got it, had some minor issues with my body, and they took it back. Super outfit. Have had good luck with Adorama also, just never bought used from them.

Shamus1's gear list:Shamus1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow