Started Sep 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas KP Lee
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
A55 Problem in Studio Use
Sep 12, 2010

I got A55 for three days and shot some 2,000 photos in natural light and have been very impressed with it, especially when using with the 500mm Reflex, which is the reason I buy A55, as I have been a Canon users for all time.

However, today when trying to use A55 at Studio, then there is a major difficulty of the EVF, and for flashlight syn.

First of all, in studio flashlight, normally the camera will set to use M mode, and set at around 1/125 and f 8, then EVF and the LCD are both almost completely dark, not able to see for framing (although it can still AF). Unless the pop-up camera flashlight is up, you will not be able to view. So I have to pop-up the flashlight on the camera.

Another problem is the flash syn seems not correct, several of the photos will be half dark. Then I tought of it could be because of the pre-flash from A55 triggered t he studio flashlights, so I have to use one hand to block the light from the pop-up flashlight and change the setting from ADI to TTL.

So really cannot understand why Sony does not provide something for A55 to be easily use in Studio, even such chance may not be much.

Thomas KP Lee's gear list:Thomas KP Lee's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Sony SLT-A99 Canon EOS 70D Sony Alpha 7R +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow