ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ActArtPhotog
Regular MemberPosts: 265
Like?
Replacement suggestions for my 70-200 VRI on D700
Sep 11, 2010

Hello folks-

Like many of you out there, I'm being hit hard by the economy, as well as the new wife back in school right now. I have a couple of choices to make, and wanted to run it past the folks in the D700 forum to get your 2¬Ęs.

Right now, I am shooting primarily with my 70-200mm VRI (only had it 6 months), the 35-70mm 2.8, the SB-900, SB-600, and my D700. Mostly headshots and portrait work. I really need to sell something for the time being to catch us up on some bills while she is in school. I could sell the D700 and get a D300 for a little while, but this is my least attractive option. I could sell the 70-200mm and go with the very sharp Tamron 70-200mm, or the Nikon 70-300mm VR. I wanted to know what folks thought about how these two lenses match up against one another on the D700? I would probably use it for a year, then move to the VRII. I could also go back to a used Niikon 80-200mm, though I am told the Tamron is sharper. I am leaning toward the Tamron for a year, but wanted to get your thoughts? I could also sell the SB-900 and go with an SB-80dx.

Just wanted to know what you thought about these options? I really need to do some combination of the above, so any thoughts would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Billy
http://www.wcgreen.net

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow