Stodgy old guy beginning to think about pro cam video...

Started Sep 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Desjardins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,415
Like?
Stodgy old guy beginning to think about pro cam video...
Sep 11, 2010

Ok - I am frustrated by all of the old media I see on the internet. Seriously - so much of the internet is nothing more than pixellized newspaper. I read articles about people, but there's no image. I just read a news article about a news anchor in Memphis who sings 3 evenings a week on Beale street - there was a picture, but no video! I simply can't believe they would put an article like this on a media that supports images, video and sound without a video file! Seriously - it's frustrating to have such a nice car, but only use it on the driveway!

Perhaps if pro cameras had the ability to capture video (Media rights not-withstanding) this article would have actually been interesting if there had been a video clip of her singing.

Lots of articles I see on the internet should be more in keeping with the medium on which they are published - and those who report and capture the news events should be equipped to provide that which the medium supports. Hey stupid - IT SUPPORTS PICTURES, VIDEO AND SOUND!

So - from this old stodgy photographer who has previously eschewed video on pro-DSLRs - BRING IT ON and condemn those dinosaurs of old media to the tar pits.

Des

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow