Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens or Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM Lens

Started Sep 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
DB-pest
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens or Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM Le
In reply to DB-pest, Sep 11, 2010

Thank you all for the advice.

I will be trying the 70-300 DO this week and compare it with the non DO.

I definitely like the way the DO is built and the way its AF motor handles. I realize a heaviness on the zoom ring, and its a bit heavier that the non DO although its shorter.

The only thing that bothers me on the non DO lens is the motor jolting and wobbly build. The images I made with the non DO as I was in the Romanian Carpathian mountains were awesome.

I don't do much Image editing/adjusting the most I do is some cropping.

The 70-300L will not be an option for me at the moment. The extra size and price for a lens I don't frequently use is unjustified for my case.

I mostly will be using the 17-55 for my day to day use.

I still have a 18-135 I occasionally used on my 50D which I purchased cheaply from a friend who had it as kit lens for his 550D and upgraded to a better lens. Its has a fast AF and does good photos in bright daylight which we don't lack here in Dubai.

Cheers,

DB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow