ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leo
Leo
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,849
Like?
I have selected Epson 1400 ... or Canon 9000 :help
Sep 11, 2010

I I-have decided to stay with dye ink just because pigment base printer head most likely clog when printing once/twice during two weeks with output of about 10 images 11x14. Also it seems that ink discharge is not a problem for these two printers. An Epson 1400 can be purchase locally for $186 and Canon 900 MK II for $300 (not sure is the sale is still active).
Both printers Image quality is rated by http://www.photo-i.co.uk equal to 95.

However, in conclusion for Canon 9000 is the following ink levels screen image with a note under saying that these levels are after 30+ A4 prints.

The screen image:
the

Here are the ink levels after some 30+ A4 prints - take it with a pinch of salt.

I could not find ink usage for Epson 1400 but many its users refer that 1400 is ink hungry some who switched evaluate the difference as 2-3 times in ink usage.

The "photo-i" review spec defines the max print size for 1400 as 11x14 but Epson's spec shows the max size as 13x19 calling it Super B - is it just an error?
Thank you.
Leo

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow