E-PL1 Questions from a Nikon DSLR user

Started Sep 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
snegron
Regular MemberPosts: 499
Like?
I tried the E-PL1 today
In reply to sean000, Sep 9, 2010

I went to Best Buy and tried the E-PL1 today. Ironically, the salesperson wanted to sell me a Nikon DSLR! I politely informed him that I was there to try the E-PL1, but he was pretty persistant.

Anyway, I got to play around a bit with the E-PL1 finally. It was a bit larger (and lighter) than I expected. My impression was that in terms of speed (from the time I press the shutter release button to the time it captures the image) it felt pretty much the same as my LX3. The kit lens was longer and larger than I thought it would be. The battery went dead halfway through my testing, so I couldn't play around with all of its features. Also, the salesman was starting to get on my nerves.

I would love to try the GF1, unfortunately Best Buy doesn't carry it so I might not get the chance. I really like the idea of getting a M4/3 camera, but I think I will have to do more research (and wait until I have more cash) before I buy into it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow