How do YOU offload photographs (USB or Card Reader)?

Started Sep 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,958Gear list
Like?
Re: How did you manage that?
In reply to Grevture, Sep 9, 2010

I have driven over two million miles without an accident, what's your point? I have never bent a cf pin, I have used a lot of card readers. Hundreds, perhaps thousands have had the pins move inward without bending. If u can't wait don't let me stop Jue.

Grevture wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

Removing the card and using a reader has pushed pins inward to the point my camera is barely usable. The good news is my USB connection is as good as the day it left the factory. Next camera I will destroy the USB connection first and then start removing CF card and using a reader.

I have removed and inserted CF cards day in and day out, often many times during a single event, often in a hurry (not to say frenzy) ... Just i my current camera the primary card has probably been switched several thousands of times by now ... And I have still not managed to bend a single pin. And belive me, I manage to break almost everything else I use.

Question, do those of you who watch your pictures download also watch water boil or freeze?

No, I much rather edit my images ...

For the causal shooter, downloading a hundred images ever now and then, USB cable might be an option. But for me and countless others who often need to have 500-1000 images downloaded, sorted, tagged, and 15-20 selected ones processed and captions written to them within maybe 20-30 minutes after an event of some kind ends ... USB cable is not and option

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!

By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow