Started Sep 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,116Gear list
Like?
Re: Manehead's ghosting? Pick A580.
In reply to Manehead, Sep 9, 2010

Manehead wrote:

tbcass wrote:

We are all well aware of the situation by now and are capable of making up our own minds.

I too have made up my own mind about the issue so why do you then criticize me for expressing my own opinion of the matter in a forum designed for people to express their own opinions?

I did not criticize you. I didn't say you were wrong. I merely wanted to express a different side to the story. When I asked you that question it was to let you know where I'm coming from and to get your take on it.

Just a Sony user just trying to put things in their proper perspective.

You mean putting things in YOUR perspective... unless you are stipulating that your perspective is the "proper" perspective that others should use as the de-facto standard? Isn't this rather contradictory to your previous sentence?

The perspective I am referring to is that we all accept flaws in our cameras. That is a fact because we have to. I want people to think about it. If this camera is better in some ways that are important to the user should they give the camera a pass just because it has a certain flaw that no other camera has, a flaw that for many or most people may be minor? That is the perspective I am referring to and it is universal. Some may look at it and say no I can't live with that flaw under any circumstances. It is not minor to me. Others may stop and think that there are so many good things about this camera that they override it's flaws. I word things the way I do to make people stop and think, not as a declaration of fact. I believe that a lot of P&S users will seriously consider this camera. For them it will be a vast improvement over what they have. I don't want a flaw they may not ever notice or care about to scare them away.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow