ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theprdg
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
LX5 High ISO Issues
Sep 9, 2010

Hi All,

I've recently purchased the LX5 and so far very pleased with its versatility. However I did notice an issue shooting macro at high ISO. A line starts to appear at ISOs 800 and above to say about 6400 where it seems the noise reduction is the thing that's actually smearing the detail of the line itself for anything higher. Here's what I mean, it's located at the left side of the image (about 1/5th of the way in from the left):

This is the first image where I've noticed this issue. I ran a test by taking a series of identical photos under different ISO and that's how I established the ISO range to which this problem occurs. I did a quick search but didn't get any hits in this forum so perhaps I'm not searching with the right words.

Barring that though, has anybody encountered this issue before?

Unfortunately, I'm outside of my window to exchange the camera at Aden Camera in Toronto, Canada. So if it's an issue specific to my camera, I'm all ears in terms of what I should do next and how painful/less it is to deal with Panasonic.

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow