DA L18-55 on K-x, Not Really Bad

Started Sep 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,572Gear list
Like?
Re: One of my favourite Pentax SLR Talk threads...
In reply to ptodd, Sep 8, 2010

ptodd wrote:

One of my favourite Pentax SLR Talk threads was where somebody said they'd brought a handful of limited lenses, and presented a load of pictures from them, asking forumers if their money had been well spent.

Once everyone was done congratulating them on the pictures and their purchases and assuring that they certainly wouldn't regret the money invested etc, then of course they revealed that all of the pictures had been taken with kit lenses.

This is from memory, of course... I apologise for any inaccuracy. I might have a little search and see if I can unearth the link.

As someone else commented above; it's like hifi and many other things, with ever diminishing returns on investment. At least in the case of lenses (unlike computers and other consumer electronics, for example), they seem to hold their value reasonably well. In fact many Pentax lenses seem to have gone up in price massively in recent years.

-- hide signature --

Peter

I've done print tests like that as well with people who bragged they knew better. Didn't turn out well for them

I bought my wife the K-x with the kit lens. It's a decent copy....18-55. No, it's not the quality of my 16-50 DA*, but it turns out a sharp 11x14....not as sharp as the 16-50, but pretty darn sharp.

It's the perfect vacation, around the house, take with you on a walk combo

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow