E-PL1 Questions from a Nikon DSLR user

Started Sep 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
Sam Bennett
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235Gear list
Like?
Re: Sometimes you really have to look...
In reply to Tim in upstate NY, Sep 8, 2010

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

. . . I actually asked them why they didn't have it in stock. They acted like they'd never heard of it and blew me off. These sales people in the big discount stores are generally like that in my experience. If you ask about something that they don't have, the response is often to just try to get you to move on. If I was working for a sales commision, I'd probably do the same.

Ah, that sucks. When the E-PL1 first hit BB I really had to work to find one and buy it. BB didn't have it in the system as the E-PL1, so you had to manual peruse the "dSLR" section to find it. The E-PL1 wasn't in the case, but once we found it in the system they clearly had stock (I had checked online before I came). Once we knew it was in stock, the guy had to look through nearly every bin in the camera section to find it. The situation is a bit better now since they're usually out with the dSLRs, but some still have them in the case (usually alongside the NEX3).

Anyway, it's certainly possible your BB's don't stock everything, but you might want to check stock locally for this item:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Olympus+-+PEN+12.3-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Black/9769158.p?id=1218170032854&skuId=9769158&st=E-PL1&cp=1&lp=1

If they show stock, don't leave until they're able to find one for you. As you said, sometimes the BB personnel can be a bit clueless.

-- hide signature --
 Sam Bennett's gear list:Sam Bennett's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow