E-PL1 Questions from a Nikon DSLR user

Started Sep 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Re: Sometimes you really have to look...
In reply to Sam Bennett, Sep 8, 2010

Sam Bennett wrote:

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

Sam Bennett wrote:

snegron wrote:

Unfortunately there are no places anywhere near me that sell the E-PL1 or the GF1. Most of the cameras I have purchased over the years have been through B&H.

Are you sure? Best Buy carries the E-PL1, but unfortunately not the GF1. But if you're mainly interested in the E-PL1, spending a bit of time with it at a BB should give you an idea of whether the performance will be problematic for your style of shooting or not.

. . . The Best Buy here where I live in upstate NY doesn't carry the E-PL1. Aside from a slew of P&S's, there were three different Canon DSLR's (two Rebels and the 50D) and one Nikon D3000. Last time I looked was about a week ago.

We have a few different locations here, and they're not always in te same spot. Sometimes the newer cameras are actually in a case, not out with the other cameras.

. . . I actually asked them why they didn't have it in stock. They acted like they'd never heard of it and blew me off. These sales people in the big discount stores are generally like that in my experience. If you ask about something that they don't have, the response is often to just try to get you to move on. If I was working for a sales commision, I'd probably do the same.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow