ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrancoisduP
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
*istDS to K-x
Sep 6, 2010

Hi guys,

Currently I am still using my "very old" in digital terms *istDS. However, there are some things that is just irritating me and I would love to upgrade the cam in the near future.

its also starting to give problems with my DA limited lenses for some reason. It sometimes refuses to focus. Or even misfocuses. Once I had to take out the batteries to be able to use the cam again. It froze completely. Its not happening often, but its annoying to say the least. the one thing I dearly miss and want is faster AF. I dont need Canon speeds but the DS in low light is pretty useless. I tend to switch to manual focus sometimes.

And I know of course new stuff is going to come out soon, but I would most likely buy second hand from the current generation. That being K-x, K20D or K-7. Well, if the price of the K-x does drop significantly after the launch of the K-5 and K-r then that would be an option new.

So I was just wondering if some people also jumped from DS to K-x? If there was something they missed from the DS? I cannot find a K-x in the shops here to hold. Is it smaller than the DS or roughly the same? The DS sits in my hand like its made for it. The K20D even better. But cannot complain either way.

I tend to shoot centre point in anycase so for me the AF confirmation is moot. I also shoot mostly landscape, low light, city pics with the odd portrait here and there.

One thing I am a bit afraid of is the viewfinder. the one on the DS is great. The K20D also. How is the K-x comparing? For the rest I am not worried about fancy functions. And although I shoot low light I dont think I am one that NEEDS iso6400 or the likes. All the functions of the K-7 is awesome, but somehow I managed without them so far. I wonder if its just lust that makes me want them

And indeed...I am very excited to see what Pentax is coming out with in the next few days From the leaked info it seems that these cams are going to be great. At least on paper it looks like the cam I want...but sadly cannot afford The life of a scientist....

Anyway, happy shooting! And thanks for replies in advance!

Francois

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow