Started Sep 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bcalvary
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Slik Pro 700DX Tripod with 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head
Sep 6, 2010

I'm using the Slik Pro 700DX Tripod with 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head. It is a fantastic tripod but here is the problem. I'm not sure that I'm using it correctly.

With my Nikon D700, 70-200 2.8 lens, and the SB900 flash, that's alot of weight. When using in landscape shooting, no problems what so ever. The problem is when shooting portrait the weight of the camera loosens the screw that holds the camera to tripod. No matter how tight you get the round attachment to the camera it will not hold.

If you are behind the camera and tripod I am tilting to shoot portrait mode to the left side. Is this correct???? I can turn the panhead around and use it backwards which will tilt to the right hand side and the weight of the camera will "tighten" onto the screw that holds the camera to the tripod. Maybe I'm way off base but it seems if the screw was a left hand thread it would tighten with the extra weight and not loosen. Not sure if I'm describing this very well, not sure if I'm using the tripod correctly, not sure if it just wasn't designed to carry that much weight. Any information would be appreciative.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow