Started Sep 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jimmy V
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
So Confusing!!!
Sep 3, 2010

Just bought my first DSLR which is capable of shooting RAW & JPEG at the same time. I've been considering getting some image correction software, and it appears as though Photoshop is the gold standard. I downloaded Photoshop elements (trial version) that came with my new printer last night. Its probably my inexperience, but the program did not appear to interface with my MAC very well. Question 1: Is Aperture 3 (MAC software) any good....or should I stick with Adobe Software??? Question 2: I imported a JPEG image from my files and was able to "play" with it. I thought you could only manipulate RAW images.....true or false??? I Love my MAC for every other purpose, but so far the photo production applications seem pretty unfriendly...INCLUDING simple photo printing from the Canon Printer software (Pixma2000 MarkII) . I appreciate all help.....but PLEASE keep it simple. I have been shooting film for 42 years, but am a TOTAL newbie in this area. NEW Computer...NEW Printer.....New Camera!!!! AAHH!!! Thanks!! Jimmy

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow