Started Sep 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kaedepics
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
focusing inconsistencies 77ltd
Sep 3, 2010

I have been having problems with my 77ltd lens missing focus often in good light. Recently I checked for front back focus issues and found I had to dial in -6. Still missed focus so I re checked the 77ltd for focusing errors using the downloadable focus chart. Tripod, camera at 45 degrees, chart flat. 2s shutter, iso 100, center point focus and center meter, daylight. I followed the instructions from a website for testing focus on the 70d. I am never sure whether the camera should be at 45 deg or the chart should be at 45deg with the camera pointing straight ahead. If anybody knows if it makes a difference please let me know.

Each time I took an image I focused on my hand the refocused on the chart. 5 at f1.8, 5 at f3.2, 5 at f4.5. On examining the results I see inconsistencies. The most worrying

being that the left side is in focus at a different point to the right side. Also at f1.8 it seems pretty much spot on but at f3.2 it isn't.

You can view the results are in my gallery.

What do you think??? Any comments would be much appreciated

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow