Started Sep 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixelpro
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Video Problem on E-PL1
Sep 3, 2010

Hi everyone. I am having a problem with video image while zooming the lens. The zoom movement creates a flicker represented by darker areas of horizontal banding that flash in various parts of the picture. This problem is not seen in stills, of course.

The flicker happens while zooming the lens, regardless of whether the camera aperture or focus are locked or in auto. It also does not matter what I am shooting. The flickering can actually be seen when simply zooming the lens (standard 14-42) in and out and looking at the LCD screen. I have sent the camera into Olympus twice now and they replaced the body on the last return. There is still no change in the problem.

I visited a local dealer and they tested the E-PL1 they had on display, and it seems to do the same thing. So this makes me think the problem is more widespread than just my camera.

I don't do a lot of zooming while filming motion, but it would be nice to have the option if needed. The footage recorded during zooming does not look good at all with the light/dark flickering effect at intermittent intervals.

Does anyone else out there have the same issue? Thanks in advance for your input.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow