Started Sep 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrClick
Contributing MemberPosts: 946Gear list
Like?
IMPORTANT - LX3/LX5 in-camera settings clarification
Sep 2, 2010

It seems to me that some LX3/LX5 users are a bit confused with the in-camera settings for the four parameters: contrast, sharpening, saturation and NR.

The in-camera menu shows the setting options as -2, -1, 0, +1 & +2.

I'd like to point out (to those who may not be aware) that the middle '0' (zero) setting is NOT the same as switching the parameter OFF or setting it to its weakest level. It is, in fact, the midway setting i.e. the halfway setting which is neither too strong nor too weak.

For example, when setting the value for the sharpening parameter, '0' (zero) is the midway setting. Same goes for the other three i.e. contrast, sharpening and saturation.

If you want to use the weakest setting for either of these four parameters, you would need to use -2 (minus two.) If you want to use the strongest setting, you would have to use +2.

To summarize, here is a table of the in-camera setting values for LX3/LX5 along with their translated real-world meaning.

LX3/LX5 set value, in other words, actually means:

+2 value, in other words, actually means 5 (strongest setting)
+1 value, in other words, actually means 4
0 value, in other words, actually means 3 (midway setting)
-1 value, in other words, actually means 2
-2 value, in other words, actually means 1 (weakest setting)

Note: There is no OFF setting for the four parameters i.e. contrast, saturation, sharpness and NR.

Hope this helps clear up any doubts on this matter for new LX3/LX5 owners.

Click

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow